Tour Summary – What’s Included:
- Comfortable, executive coaching
- Escorted throughout by Gavin Bade, designer of the itinerary
- 7 nights B&B accommodation in good quality 4* hotels
- Guided tours as stated
- 1 lunch with wine
- 3 dinners with wine
- 24-hour emergency service
- Pullman Toulouse Centre – 1 night
- Plaza Madeleine – 4 nights
- Mercure Rodez Cathedrale – 1 nights
- Doubletree by Hilton Carcassonne – 1 nights
At one time, much of what we now consider to be France was comprised of two distinct, linguistic regions – those of the ‘Langue d’oïl’ in the north and the ‘Langue d’oc’ in the south. If we travel south through France, suddenly, around about Limoges, the local accent changes – this is referred to as ‘l’Accent du Sud’ – indicative of the area where the Occitan language and culture once held sway. The fact that the lands of Occitanie never became a country in their own right is a matter for long contemplation, yet the cultural distinction is to be felt in every aspect of life even now. Commencing in the great red city of Toulouse (‘Tolosa’) – once the capital of the Visigothic Kingdom – we make a progress through some of the most famous landscapes in France. Our gardens vary from informal, private affairs to sweeping renaissance parterres attached to vast châteaux. Our tour finishes in the fabled walled city of Carcassonne, one of the greatest mediæval glories of Europe. Why not stay on in Carcassonne and join the second leg of our odyssey in the south of France? Whatever you decide to do, you’ll be going home with a lasting affection for this fascinating corner of Europe.
Day 1 – SUNDAY 4.10.20 – ARRIVAL IN TOULOUSE – DINNER INCLUDED
- Arrival at Toulouse airport and make your own way into the city centre to our hotel. According to your arrival time, you may wish to discover some of the sights in this, one of the greatest cities of France. This evening, we dine together as a group at the hotel’s ‘SW Restaurant’.
Day 2 – MONDAY 5.10.20 – GIROUSSENS / CORDES-SUR-CIEL / SARLAT – BREAKFAST INCLUDED
- Following breakfast this morning, we check out of our hotel and depart. Our first visit this morning is to the wonderful Jardin des Martels. Following our visit here, we continue to the delightful village of Cordes-sur-Ciel for a visit to a private garden and then later for free time and lunch at leisure.
- Following our visit here, we continue to Sarlat-le-Canéda to our hotel, and for the rest of the day and dinner at leisure.
Day 3 – TUESDAY – 6.10.20 – SARLAT / HAUTEFORT / MONTIGNAC / THONAC / LES EYZIES DE TAYAC-SIREUIL / SARLAT – BREAKFAST INCLUDED
- Following breakfast this morning, we travel to Hautefort to visit the spectacular chateau and to have a guided tour with the Head Gardener. Following our visit here, we continue to Montignac, for a visit to the World famous Grottes de Lascaux – we allow time to take lunch at leisure in the café at Lascaux.
- Following our visit here, we continue to the historic Chateau de Losse and its Renaissance style gardens. Our final visit of the day, is to the nearby village of Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil for a short stop to enjoy the characterful location. We return to our hotel in Sarlat for a further evening at leisure.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY 7.10.20 – SARLAT / CASTELNAUD-LA-CHAPELLE / SAINT VINCENT-DE- COSSE / VEYZAC / ROQUE-GAGEAC / SARLAT – BREAKFAST & LUNCH INCLUDED
- Following breakfast this morning, we depart for a visit to the Château des Milandes and its beautiful gardens.
- We continue to the Domaine de Monrecour for an included lunch.
- Following our lunch, we continue to the famous ‘suspended’ gardens of Marqueyssac for a visit at leisure.
- Finally, this afternoon, we take a short boat trip along the River Dordogne in order to enjoy further views and the bucolic setting of the celebrated Dordogne landscapes.
- After our final visit, we return to the hotel in Sarlat for an evening and dinner at leisure.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY 8.10.20 – SARLAT / EYRIGNAC / CARLUX / CARSAC-AILLAC / SARLAT – BREAKFAST INCLUDED
- Following breakfast this morning, we travel to the Manoir d’Eyrignac for a guided tour of the gardens. Following our tour, we have further free time and an opportunity for lunch at leisure in the restaurant on site. Following our visit here, we continue to a nearby private garden for a visit.
- Our final visit of the afternoon is to the intriguing water gardens of ‘Les Jardins d’Eau’ nearby.
- We return for a last evening in Sarlat before tomorrow’s departure.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY 9.10.20 – SARLAT / ROCAMADOUR / PADIRAC / SALLES-COURBATIÈS / – BREAKFAST & DINNER INCLUDED
- This morning, we check out of our hotel and depart for Rocamadour for a visit to the Château and the Abbey. Following our visit here, we allow time in Rocamadour for lunch at leisure.
- After our lunch we visit the enchanting Gouffre de Padirac for a subterranean journey including a boat trip.
- Following our visit here, we continue to a private garden near to Villefranche de Rouergue for a guided tour.
- Finally, we continue to our hotel near to Albi for an included dinner.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY 10.10.20 – ALBI / CARCASSONNE – BREAKFAST & DINNER INCLUDED
- Following breakfast this morning, we check out of the hotel and continue for a visit to Albi. We commence with an included guided visit to the Musée Toulouse-Lautrec and the Palais de la Berbie. We allow time at leisure to have lunch and discover the spectacular cathedral of Sainte-Cécile. Later this afternoon, we continue to Carcassonne and check into our hotel. After time to refresh ourselves, we continue to a short guided evening tour of the citadel of Carcassonne, followed by a farewell dinner in a restaurant within the ramparts.
DAY 8 – SUNDAY 11.10.20 – CARCASSONNE – BREAKFAST INCLUDED
- After breakfast this morning, we check out of our hotel and make our way to either Carcassonne or Toulouse airports.
- Why not stay on and continue on the second leg of our odyssey through southern France? Post-tour nights can be reserved at a supplement, subject to availability.
- Start Date04/10/2020
- End Date11/10/2020
- AccommodationGood Quality 4* Hotels
- TransportationLuxury Coach
- Single Supplement€455
- Tour BookletOn Arrival
- Dates4-10 October 2020
- Welcome DrinksIncluded
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Flights to and from France