- Comfortable executive coaching with an experienced driver
- Stays in luxury hotels of standing
- Itinerary designed and escorted throughout by Gavin Bade
- 11 breakfasts; 4 dinners and 2 lunches (wine, tea, coffee and table water included with lunch and dinner)
- 1 wine tasting
- Entrance Fees for the gardens included
- 24-hour emergency service
Park Hotel San Jorge – 2 Nights
Hotel Duquesa de Cardona – 2 Nights
SH Villa Gadea Hotel Altea – 2 nights
Hospes Palacio de Los Patos – 2 nights
Hospes Palacio del Bailo – 1 night
Palacio de Villapanes – 2 nights
From the architectural and artistic treasures of Catalonia, to the spicy, atmospheric flavour of Andalusia, from the modern buzz of Barcelona to the charming typical character of small Spanish villages. From surprising horticultural gems with influences ranging from Italianate, Moorish, ‘Arts and Crafts’ to small private gardens, more individual in nature – this sparkling garden journey through eastern Iberia will leave you with a lasting affection for this vast region’s cultural wealth.
We commence out of season, in the ancient Kingdom of Aragon, to avoid the crowds and to secure advantageous prices on top-quality hotels – then we head south like the migrating swallows, finishing our tour in World famous Seville. Our journey follows the coastline, in the footsteps of Hannibal and the Romans, until we strike through the snow-capped wall of the Sierra Nevada for our visits to Granada, Cordoba and Seville.
We ‘pull out all the stops’ to turn every experience into something characterful, memorable and unique.
Many of the components of our itinerary very much benefit from our choosing to visit out of season – such as the Alhambra, where we will be able to more thoroughly absorb the importance and beauty of this Moorish gem without the vast crowds, with the cooler temperatures and even with the sight of autumn leaves!
Another great benefit – you may well be less concerned with what’s happening in your own garden and look forward to the possibility of a little autumn warmth.
We look forward to you perhaps joining us on our adventure.
DAY 1: 7.11.20 – ARRIVAL – DINNER INCLUDED
- Arrive in Barcelona or Girona airport and travel to your hotel (pre-tour nights are available at a supplement).
- This evening meet your tour leader and fellow travellers for a welcome dinner at the Park Hotel San Jorge hotel.
Day 2: 8.11.20 – CAP ROIG, CASTELL DE PERELADA GARDENS – BREAKFAST AND LUNCH INCLUDED
- This morning travel to Cap Roig for a visit to the Seaside gardens.
- Afterwards travel to the village of Cadaqués (once family home of Dali) for a “family style” lunch at Restaurante Compartir.
- Later this afternoon travel to Castell de Perelada where wines have been made since the middle ages. On arrival have a tour of the gardens followed by a wine tasting.
- Return to your hotel where dinner is at leisure. Overnight at the Park Hotel San Jorge.
Day 3: 9.11.20 – SANTA CLOTILDE, PINYA DA ROSA, MARIMUTRA GARDENS – BREAKFAST INCLUDED
- Today depart hotel and travel to Lloret de Mar for a guided tour of Santa Clotilde gardens, located on a cliff with impressive views of the sea. The magnificent gardens were designed in 1919 and have Italian and ‘Arts and Crafts’ influences.
- Continue to Blanes, where on arrival visit the quirky Pinya da Rosa Tropical Botanic Garden. Afterwards allow time at leisure nearby for lunch – travel by coach to a suitable location.
- After lunch travel by tourist ‘train’ to Marimurtra Botanic Garden for a visit.
- This afternoon return by tourist ‘train’ to Plaça de Catalunya in Blanes.
- On arrival continue by coach and journey to Barcelona. Dinner tonight is at leisure.
- Overnight at the Hotel Duquesa de Cardona
Day 4: 10.11.20 – BARCELONA BOTANIC GARDENS, JARDINS DE LARIBAL, JARDINES DE LA TAMARITA – BREAKFAST INCLUDED.
- This morning visit Jardin Botanico de Barcelona.
- Afterwards visit the National Museum of Catalan Art which, located atop Montjuïc, provides commanding views of the city.
- Enjoy lunch today at leisure at the museum restaurant or at the nearby Joan Miro foundation museum as part of your wanderings.
- Afterwards, visit the nearby Jardins de Laribal and Jardines de La Tamarita (both are free) at leisure. Return by coach to your hotel in Barcelona.
- Dinner tonight is at leisure.
- Overnight at the Hotel Duquesa de Cardona
DAY 5: 11.11.20 – VALENCIA BOTANIC GARDENS, JARDIN DE MONTFORTE – BREAKFAST AND DINNER INCLUDED
- This morning, check out of the hotel for a visit the spectacular Basilica of the Sagrada Familia with a guided tour.
- Continue to Valencia where on arrival have some time at leisure in the historic centre.
- Following this, visit the Botanic Garden of Valencia.
- Later, visit Jardín de Montforte (time permitting).
- Continue to the Costa Blanca where on arrival at Altea, check into your hotel.
- Overnight at the SH Villa Gadea Hotel (Altea) and enjoy dinner tonight as a group at your hotel.
DAY 6: 12.11.20 – JARDIN DE L’ALBARDA, EL SUENO, BREAKFAST & LUNCH INCLUDED
- This morning, we allow time to enjoy our surroundings a little for a leisurely breakfast, before our departure to Pedreguer for our visit to the Jardin de l’Albarda, commencing with lunch.
- Continue to El Sueño private garden for a visit.
- Return to Altea where the remainder of the afternoon is free – dinner tonight is at leisure.
- Overnight at the SH Villa Gadea Hotel (Altea).
DAY 7: 13.11.20 – THE PRIESTS GARDEN, CARMEN DEL CAMPILLO, BREAKFAST & DINNER – COFFEE AND PASTRIES INCLUDED
- Depart the hotel and head inland to Huerto del Cura, known as “The Priest’s Garden”, set in the largest concentration of palm trees in Europe.
- Following this, make a visit to Carmen del Campillo private garden, on the outskirts of Elche. Afterwards travel to historic Murcia for a light lunch at leisure in the historic centre.
- Leave Murcia and travel to the Parador de Lorca for tea/coffee and Murcian pastries.
- Continue your journey and pass along the Sierra Nevada range, arriving in Granada, site of the most renowned monuments of the Andalusian Moorish heritage.
- On arrival check into Hotel Hospes Palacio de Los Patos and enjoy an included dinner as a group.
DAY 8: 14.11.20 – GENERALIFE & NASRID PALACES, CARMEN DE LOS CIPRESES GARDENS – BREAKFAST INCLUDED
- This morning transfer to the Alhambra for a guided tour including the Generalife and Nasrid Palaces. The Alhambra, a palace‐fortress which was described by Moorish poets as “a pearl set in emeralds,” is the most emblematic building of Moorish Spain.
- Following this visit, return to the historic centre of Granada for lunch at leisure.
- Following lunch, walk to the private garden of Carmen de los Cipreses.
- Following the visit here, either take time at leisure to stroll the Albaicin, return to the lower town, or to the hotel where the remainder of the day and dinner are at leisure.
- Overnight at Hospes Palacio de Los Patos
Day 9: 15.11.20 – ALCAZAR DE LOS REYES CRISTIANOS GARDENS – BREAKFAST INCLUDED
- This morning, we depart Granada and travel to Cordoba.
- Upon arrival, we have free time for lunch at leisure, and then continue to the UNESCO-listed Mezquita.
- Follow our visit here, we walk to the Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos to enjoy the extensive gardens, museum and fortifications.
- Later we continue to the hotel Hospes Palacio del Bailo for an evening and dinner at leisure.
Day 10: 16.11.20 – PALACIO DE VIANA GARDENS – BREAKFAST INCLUDED
- We depart the hotel this morning and walk to the coach and transfer for a visit to the courtyard gardens of the Palacio de Viana. Following our visit here, we travel to Écija to make a stop for lunch at leisure.
- After lunch, we continue to Seville where we make a visit to the Plaza de Espana (free), before continuing to our hotel, the Palacio de Villapanes, where the remainder of the afternoon and dinner are at leisure.
Day 11: 17.11.20 – CASA DE PILATOS, REAL ALCAZA DE SEVILLE GARDENS – BREAKFAST AND DINNER INCLUDED
- This morning, walk to the nearby Casa de Pilatos for a guided tour of the palace and gardens. Rejoin your coach and transfer into the city centre to walk to the Cathedral of Seville for a pre-booked admission to this, one of the greatest cathedrals of all.
- Following this, take lunch at leisure in a nearby restaurant before meeting again for our pre-booked entrance into the Real Alcazar de Seville. Collect your included audio-guides and savour the many courtyards and extensive gardens.
- Later this afternoon, return to the hotel for a little relaxation before meeting in the hotel restaurant for an included group farewell dinner.
Day 12: 18.11.20 – DEPARTURE – BREAKFAST INCLUDED.
- Following breakfast this morning, we transfer to Seville airport and the group disperses. Or stay on in Andalucia to continue your journey – post-tour nights at this hotel are available at a supplement.
For More Information
Click on the tab above for a detailed tour itinerary. For practical information, visit our FAQ or About Us page and our Bookings Conditions. Please Contact Us if you have any questions or comments or visit our Home page for more of our superb garden tours.
- Start Date07/11/2020
- End Date18/11/2020
- AccommodationLuxury Hotels
- TransportationLuxury Coach
- Single Supplement€800
- Tour BookletOn Arrival
- Dates7-18 November 2020
- Welcome DrinksIncluded
- Wine Tastings1